“Reimaging Language Teaching in Turkey: Challenges and Opportunities”
The third ELT undergraduate conference, “GELTUS”, focuses on the challenges and opportunities in teaching English as a foreign language in Turkey with a specific emphasis on reimagining our current beliefs, assumptions and practice of ELT across the educational cycles. The GELTUS conference, in essence, aims at supporting and strengthening academic stance, research culture and scholarly communication among prospective English teachers studying in local ELT programs.
To this end, GELTUS welcomes presentations and discussions in various areas and aspects of ELT and applied linguistics, as follows.
- Applied linguistics and language teaching
- Approaches, methods and principles
- Culture and language teaching
- Corpus and concordancing
- Curriculum and instruction
- English as an international language
- Learning styles and strategies
- Learner language
- Literature in EFL
- Teaching English to young learners
- Teaching language components
- Teaching language skills
- Technology and foreign language teaching
- Testing, assessment and evaluation
- World Englishes
The participant student teachers are also welcome to integrate these and further areas of inquiry in their research focus with an interdisciplinary perspective. The presentation language is English.
We will be glad to see you in the “GELTUS-Reimaging Language Teaching in Turkey: Challenges and Opportunities” that will be hosted by Gazi University, ELT Program between on 15th March, 2019.